Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
A booklet of photographic images and historical information regarding the services and activities of a U. S. O. Club for African American servicemen and their families during World War II.
Memoir of his arrest as a child for picketing the Forrest County Courthouse during the Civil Rights Movement.
This collection consists of one video of what appears to be the Freedom Day protests of January 22, 1964 that occurred for voter registration outside of the courthouse in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Hattiesburg Civil Rights Film is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi, and Hattiesburg.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 11
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 8
- Civil rights. 8
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 7
- African Americans. 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Letter. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Race relations. 5
- Books. 4
- Brochures. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Essay. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Posters. 4 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Harris, Anthony J., Dr. (Anthony Jerome), 1953- 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Shemper, David 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less