Showing Collections: 61 - 70 of 70
Samuel C. Shirah, Jr. Papers
The Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., Papers contain numerous newspaper articles and journal articles dating from 1962 until 1999. Included also are a number of letters both to and from Sam, FBI files relating to two imprisonments, several SNCC publications, and various related newsletters and journals. Although Sam Shirah died in 1980, his mother, Mrs. Oneita Shirah, continued to collect materials pertaining to the Civil Rights era through 1999, and some of these are included in this collection.
Elva Smith Collection
This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
William H. and Sallie J. Hardy Papers
Letters written during the Civil War from Hardy to his first wife Sallie Ann Johnson Hardy, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other family materials.
G.D. Williamson Papers
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
William E. “Bill” Winter Scrapbook
This collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper articles from The State (Columbia, South Carolina), written by Dr. William E. “Bill” Winter. The scrapbook was compiled by Adalee Duckett Winter, Dr. Winter’s wife. Of particular interest are the annotations made by Mrs. Winter as she compiled the scrapbook.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 67
- Photographs. 50
- Letter. 46
- Records (Documents). 34
- Memorabilia. 28
- Periodicals. 26
- Programs (Publications). 22
- Brochures. 19
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 18
- Greeting cards. 16
- Books. 15
- Newsletters. 15
- Speech. 15
- Newspapers. 14
- Awards. 13
- Clubs. 13
- Postcards. 12
- University of Southern Mississippi. 12
- Financial documents. 11 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- National Association of Parliamentarians. NAP 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allen, Creighton, 1900-1969 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Barthé, Richmond (James Richmond), 1901-1989 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1 + ∧ less