Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
William “Bill” G. McAtee Civil Rights Collection
The William “Bill” G. McAtee Civil Rights Collection consists of pamphlets and brochures published by SNCC, as well as a Freedom School curriculum McAtee received from the SNCC-NCC training center in Oxford, Ohio. This collection is of particular value to researchers interested in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, Freedom Summer, Freedom Schools, interracial involvement, and religion.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Piney Woods School Collection
Memorabelia related to Piney Woods School, including Business card of Neff Chastain, The Original Dry Boiled Peanut “King.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Thelma Stevens Papers
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Photographs. 8
- Civil rights. 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 6
- Letter. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- African Americans. 4
- Books. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Essay. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Government publications. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Memorabilia. 4 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- McAtee, William G. 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Piney Woods School. Piney Woods Country Life School, Braxton (Miss.) 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less