Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Albums (Books). 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Speech. 4
- Books. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Essay. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Government publications. 2
- Greeting cards. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1