Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 83
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Programs and playbills from Laurel, Mississippi area and beyond.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
A variety of scrapbooks, newspapers, periodicals, brochures relating to Henry Clinton “Clint” Dellinger (circa 1920-2015).
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
1. Brochure “Forrest County 90 Years of Growth” contains a timeline from 1918 until 1998
2. Booklet “Mississippi The Magnolia State” published by Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Secretary of State, circa 1980-1984
3. Handout “Forrest County Quick Fact Reference 2011” published by the Forrest County Planning Department
4. Periodical “Mississippi Supervisor and Chancery Clerk, Circuit Clerk, Tax Assessor & Collector” June 1991
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Hattiesburg area handbooks, directories, yearbooks and booklets.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Documents and scrapbook belonging to John E. Guier, Jr. of Fairhope, AL. It contains various newspaper clippings, cards, postcards, photographs, letters, religious materials, etc.
- Subject: Brochures. X
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 53
- Photographs. 53
- Records (Documents). 53
- Letter. 49
- Periodicals. 32
- Newsletters. 31
- Programs (Publications). 30
- Memorabilia. 28
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 24
- Albums (Books). 22
- Fliers (Ephemera). 22
- Financial documents. 21
- Postcards. 18
- Books. 17
- Speech. 16
- Map. 15
- Civil rights. 14
- Certificates. 13
- Clubs. 13 + ∧ less
- German 1
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Winter, William F., 58th Governor of Mississippi (William Forrest) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bateman, Doris, 1914-2011 1
- Bateman, James A., James Andy, 1912- 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1 + ∧ less