Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- African Americans. 3
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Calendar. 2
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Compact discs. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1 + ∧ less