Showing Collections: 31 - 48 of 48
Joseph S. Schwartz Civil Rights Letters
Letters written by a Freedom Summer volunteer in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Samuel C. Shirah, Jr. Papers
The Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., Papers contain numerous newspaper articles and journal articles dating from 1962 until 1999. Included also are a number of letters both to and from Sam, FBI files relating to two imprisonments, several SNCC publications, and various related newsletters and journals. Although Sam Shirah died in 1980, his mother, Mrs. Oneita Shirah, continued to collect materials pertaining to the Civil Rights era through 1999, and some of these are included in this collection.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Charles Sowerwine Freedom Summer Collection
Letters by civil rights volunteer.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Douglas Tiberiis White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by White Folks Project volunteer.
Roy Torkington Freedom Summer Collection
Photocopies of letters written by Freedom Summer volunteer, Roy Torkington, to his fiance, Anne. Mr. Torkington assisted with voter registration in Itta Bena , Mississippi (Leflore County), and the letters describe his surroundings, his thoughts, and events that took place during his sojourn in Mississippi.
Bobs M. Tusa Freedom Summer Research Collection
This collection contains research about Freedom Summer in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
Dr. J. Roy Valencourt Papers
Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Christopher Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
Neil Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
FBI file of volunteer in Indianola, Mississippi.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Civil rights. 39
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 30
- Records (Documents). 29
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 27
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 26
- Photographs. 21
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 18
- Newsletters. 16
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 15
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 15
- Race relations. 15
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Brochures. 13
- Albums (Books). 12
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 12
- Periodicals. 12
- Speech. 12
- Memorabilia. 10
- Personal narratives. 10 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 3
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 3
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 2
- Adickes , Sandra E., 1933- 1
- Advocate for SNCC (Author of letter not given) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1 + ∧ less