Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Paul Terrell Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs and reproductions of photographs related to Paul Terrell's time as a volunteer during Freedom Summer in Mississippi.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 8
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- Civil rights. 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Letter. 7
- Records (Documents). 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Brochures. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 4
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 4
- Books. 3
- Diaries. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Forrest County (Miss.) 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3 + ∧ less
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Randall, Herbert, 1936- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Terrell, Paul, Dr. 1
- Till, Emmett, 1941-1955 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less