Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 65
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Creighton Allen, born in Macon, Mississippi, was a pianist and composer. The collection contains a scrapbook, correspondence, sheet music and miscellaneous documents.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
These materials on Richmond Barthé were brought together in 1979 and 1980, and 1998 and 1999 as a special collection for research purposes of Associate Professor Harry C. Ward of the University of Southern Mississippi Art Department. These items describe the personal and professional life of Richmond Barthé.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Documenting the life and civic service of long-time Durant, Mississippi mayor.
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Memorabilia of Demonstration School of Mississippi Southern College,
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Official scrapbooks of the Twentieth Star Chapter (Hattiesburg, Mississippi) of the Daughters of the American Revolution, containing yearbooks, clippings, photographs, and other items documenting the chapter's activities. The scrapbooks were prepared for state-wide competition in the spring of each year.
The collection consists of thirty-one photocopied pages from a scrapbook documenting the career of William F. “Bill” Dukes with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (1964-1967; undated). Mr. Dukes retained the original scrapbook.
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
This collection contains a comprehensive and objective look at the Civil War in Mississippi. Anyone researching this time period in Mississippi's history would find ample information. Students of history and journalism would benefit from the writings of Mr. Fleming.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Scrapbook, newspaper clippings, and programs documenting the history of USM and Hattiesburg given by the former secretary of President Emeritus Lucas.
- Photographs. 47
- Letter. 42
- Records (Documents). 33
- Memorabilia. 27
- Periodicals. 24
- Programs (Publications). 21
- Brochures. 17
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 17
- Greeting cards. 16
- Speech. 15
- Books. 14
- Newsletters. 14
- Clubs. 13
- Awards. 12
- Newspapers. 12
- University of Southern Mississippi. 12
- Financial documents. 11
- Fliers (Ephemera). 11 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- National Association of Parliamentarians. NAP 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allen, Creighton, 1900-1969 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Barthé, Richmond (James Richmond), 1901-1989 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1 + ∧ less