Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
David Batzka Civil Rights Collection
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Peggy Jean Connor Papers
This collection should be of interest to students and researchers of the civil rights era circa 1960-1980; especially those interested in civil rights legal cases and the history of black legislators in Mississippi.
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dr. J. Roy Valencourt Papers
Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Christopher Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Letter. 13
- Civil rights. 11
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 11
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 8
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 8
- Newsletters. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Brochures. 6
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Speech. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 1
- Connor, Peggy Jean, 1932-2018 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Jill Wakeman 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1 + ∧ less