Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Political Materials Collection
Various primary source materials including: speeches, pamphlets, mailers, posters, bumper stickers, fliers, campaign & business cards, and clippings relating to National and Mississippi politics.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Donald Clyde Simmons Jr., Ph.D. Collection
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Letter. 10
- Photographs. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Brochures. 9
- Memorabilia. 9
- Periodicals. 8
- Financial documents. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Speech. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Government publications. 6
- Newspapers. 6
- Certificates. 5
- Greeting cards. 5
- Legal forms. 5
- Map. 5
- Mississippi. 5 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Cartwright, Paul 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Mississippi University for Women.. MSCW. MUW (1884-) 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Shows, Ronnie, Congressman (Clifford Ronald), 1947- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1 + ∧ less