Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Daniel S. Blumenthal Papers
The Blumenthal papers are a relatively small, but diverse collection of materials; the papers are divided into two series.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Photographs. 9
- Civil rights. 8
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 7
- Periodicals. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 4
- Map. 4
- Minutes (Records). 4
- Posters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Speech. 4
- Books. 3
- Calendar. 3 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Blumenthal, Daniel S., Dr., 1942- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1 + ∧ less