Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Blumenthal papers are a relatively small, but diverse collection of materials; the papers are divided into two series.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Photocopies of correspondence, a magazine article, Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) materials, and other items that document the activities of Mississippi Freedom Summer volunteer, Ellen Lake, in Gulfport, Mississippi.
This collection consists of materials generated and/or collected by child psychiatrist, Dr. Josephine D. Martin, and includes correspondence, publications, speeches, articles, newspaper clippings and other materials that document her life and work.
The Josephine D. Martin Papers should be of interest to researchers in the areas of social work, mental health, civil rights, and other social issues.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Civil rights. 20
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 14
- Photographs. 14
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 13
- Newsletters. 11
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 10
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 10
- Brochures. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Speech. 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Programs (Publications). 8
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 7
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 7
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 7
- Essay. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Blumenthal, Daniel S., Dr., 1942- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Goodman, Jill Wakeman 1 + ∧ less