Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Blumenthal papers are a relatively small, but diverse collection of materials; the papers are divided into two series.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Lists of Freedom Riders, arrest records, investigative reports, correspondence, newspaper clippings, etc.
This collection should be of value to researchers interested in the Freedom Rides and the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
This collection includes records of Orpheus Club activities from 1926 to 1986.
The Pickering Family Papers contain genealogical research materials and family charts, books and journals, maps, and manuscript materials.
This multi-faceted collection consists of materials related to the 80 year history of the Pine Belt Family YMCA, originally known as the Hattiesburg YMCA.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The B’Nai Israel congregation has served the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area since 1890. The Jewish community of Hattiesburg has a long history of prominent citizens and business owners. This collection contains materials related to Temple B’Nai Israel in Hattiesburg.
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
- Letter. 20
- Photographs. 18
- Records (Documents). 16
- Financial documents. 13
- Clubs. 12
- Newsletters. 10
- Brochures. 9
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Periodicals. 8
- Programs (Publications). 8
- Albums (Books). 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Account books. 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Civil rights. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Legal forms. 5 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Blumenthal, Daniel S., Dr., 1942- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Long, James S., Dr. 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1 + ∧ less