Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials gathered by John Howard during his research of the history of the Choral Department at USM for his dissertation.
A small section of the materials are photocopies of newspaper clippings and brochures. The remaining section of the materials are original brochures and a photograph of Jack Donovan, Choral Conductor at USM from 1964-84.
- Letter. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Speech. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Awards. 2
- Biographies. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Essay. 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Résumés (Employment). 2
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 2
- African Americans. 1
- Albums (Books). 1 ∧ less
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1