Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The Theodore G. Bilbo Papers document the activities of the former Mississippi governor and United States Senator from approximately 1905-1947.This collection provides insight into the government of the state of Mississippi in the early decades of the twentieth century, as well as American culture, political climate, and governmental activities during the Great Depression and World War II. It paints a definitive portrait of one of Mississippi's most colorful and controversial...
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
- Awards. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Invitation cards. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Government publications. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1