Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Beauvoir: Memorial to the Lost Cause
Richard Beymer Freedom Summer Collection
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
“Catalyst” Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College History Collection
Collection contains one DVD titled “Catalyst” of a 16mm movie filmed on the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Perkinston institution in 1912. The final scene is graduation on May 23, 1962. At that moment, Perkinston Agricultural High School ended and Perkinston Junior College became Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College.
The remaining five items are various documents and notes concerning "Catalyst".
L.R. Cleveland Papers
Research materials, including study of wood-feeding roach Cryptocercus.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Gathering at the River: South Mississippi's Methodist Camp Meetings
Video tapes and edit sheets of documentary produced by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Hattiesburg Civil Rights Film
This collection consists of one video of what appears to be the Freedom Day protests of January 22, 1964 that occurred for voter registration outside of the courthouse in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Hattiesburg Civil Rights Film is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi, and Hattiesburg.
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Hurricane Katrina Research Collection
Materials pertaining to the destruction of the Mississippi Gulf Coast by Hurricane Katrina in August 2005 and the community's rebuilding efforts.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Key Brothers Film
Al and Fred Key set a record for their endurance flight in 1935. They flew their plane Ole Miss over the Meridian area for twenty-seven days. Fred Key died in 1971 while Al Key died in 1976. Key Field is named in their honor.
Perkinston Junior College 50th Anniversary Documentary Film, "Catalyst"
One DVD film made from the original 16mm film commemorating the 50th anniversary of Perkinston Junior College, Perkinston, Mississippi.
“Reflections of Mississippi Freedom Summer”
- Subject: Documentary films. X
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Periodicals. 5
- Photographs. 5
- DVDs. 4
- Filmed interviews. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Letter. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Awards. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Posters. 3
- Race relations. 3
- Speech. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Calendar. 2
- Church bulletins. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 2 + ∧ less
- Beymer, Richard, 1939- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Key, Al (Algiene Earl), 1905-1976 1
- Key, Frederick Maurice, 1909-1971 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Perkinston Junior College (Perkinston, Miss.) 1
- Sullivan, Charles L., 1942- 1 + ∧ less