Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Various flags from different sources.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, and letters about Mississippi.
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
- Subject: Flags. X
- Letter. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Photographs. 6
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Books. 3
- Map. 3
- Mississippi. 3
- African Americans. 2
- Art original. 2
- Awards. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- DVDs. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Manuscript. 2
- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Newsletters. 2 ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Till, Emmett, 1941-1955 1
- Walen, Ernest A., 1896-1969 1 ∧ less