Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1960s; 1995
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Awards. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Government publications. 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 2
- Invitation cards. 2
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 2
- Periodicals. 2
- Political campaigns. 2
- Postcards. 2
- Programs (Publications). 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1