Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
The bulk of the collection consists of 70 logging railroad maps drawn by Tony Howe. The maps portray railroad operations, timber holdings and other aspects of lumber companies that proliferated in South Mississippi during the latter years of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.
The Rawles Family Historical Collection consists of 122 photographs depicting scenes from the early twentieth century in Mississippi. Among other things, images showcase the logging industry, family and church gatherings, and games. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the logging industry, life and culture in the early twentieth century, Mississippi history, the University of Southern Mississippi, farming, and railroads.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Photographs. 5
- Covington County (Miss.). 4
- Brochures. 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 3
- Logging. 3
- Mississippi -- Social life and customs. 3
- Perry County (Miss.). 3
- Petal (Miss.). 3
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Beauvoir (Biloxi, Miss.). 2
- Calendar. 2
- Claiborne County (Miss.). 2
- Columbus (Miss.). 2
- Gulf Coast (Miss.). 2
- Hancock County (Miss.). 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History -- 20th century. 2 ∧ less
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Brookhaven Lumber & Manufacturing Company (1901-1922) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1