Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- Brochures. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Diplomas. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Posters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Certificates. 3
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 3
- Speech. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Biographies. 2
- Books. 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2 + ∧ less
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Lynd, Theron C., Forrest County Circuit Clerk, 1920-1978 1
- Roberts, M. M., Dr. (Malcomb Mettie), 1895-1982 1
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 1
- Walen, Ernest A., 1896-1969 1 + ∧ less