Showing Collections: 1 - 27 of 27
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Correspondence, copied newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to activates of the Business and Professional Women’s Club.
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Records of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Group of the Sierra Club, including correspondence, reports, program and activities documentation, newsletters, and information regarding local, state, and national environmental concerns.
This Collection consists of 2 boxes of historical records on the Hattiesburg Lions Club, dating from its Charter on February 28, 1928 to 1993.
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
This collection consists of a variety of materials reflecting the history of the Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, from its charter in 1924, to its merger with the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1984.
This collection should be of interest to researchers of women's and girls' organizations, or women's history, and may also be of interest to researchers of the history of Hattiesburg.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Bound originals and copies of documents for several heritage organizations in which Dr. McCain was a member and/or officer.
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Parliamentarians' Records - Theta Unit, Mississippi Division of the National Association of Parliamentarians
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.