Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
J.B. George Papers
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Hattiesburg Chamber of Commerce Collection
Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
The Hattiesburg Review Club
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP): Higher Education Division Records
Jessie Morrison Collection
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
John Frederick Nau Papers
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Emma Lou Roberts Papers
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
Rotary Club District 6840 Records
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Wilbur White Stout Papers
- Photographs. 19
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 17
- Records (Documents). 17
- Memorabilia. 13
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 10
- Brochures. 9
- Certificates. 8
- Political campaigns. 8
- Postcards. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Books. 7
- Diplomas. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Invitation cards. 7
- Legal forms. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Periodicals. 7 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 + ∧ less