Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Newspaper clippings of columns published in the Hattiesburg American. They contain advice on etiquette, decorating, arts & crafts, flowers, shrubs, & gardening. Most of the columns have at least one recipe. Some recipes are from area restaurants.
This collection consists of postcards the bulk of which depict Mississippi, but there are a sizeable number containing images from the United States, foreign countries, theme cards and cards of individuals.
The Rawles Family Historical Collection consists of 122 photographs depicting scenes from the early twentieth century in Mississippi. Among other things, images showcase the logging industry, family and church gatherings, and games. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the logging industry, life and culture in the early twentieth century, Mississippi history, the University of Southern Mississippi, farming, and railroads.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The collection contains memorabilia from Barbara Byrd Smith, class of 1954 Mississippi Southern College, from her 1952-53 school year.
This collection should be of interest to students of history, as well as local history buffs. While accounts of the fight differ on minor points such as the color of the fighters' trunks, what they ate for breakfast, and what they drank between rounds, they are in agreement on such major issues as events leading up to the fight, length of the fight, round by round descriptions, and of course, the outcome -- the Great John L. remained heavyweight champion of the world.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 6
- Greeting cards. 5
- Letter. 5
- Postcards. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Clubs. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Brochures. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Forrest County (Miss.) 3
- Lamar County (Miss.). 3
- Legal forms. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Mississippi. 3
- Periodicals. 3 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bufkin , William A. (William Alfred ), 1934- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gillespie, Sarah E. 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Lindley, Carol 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Pulley, Mary Winton, 1885-1956 1
- Rawles 1
- Riley, James A. 1 + ∧ less