Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 56
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Correspondence, copied newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to activates of the Business and Professional Women’s Club.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
1. Brochure “Forrest County 90 Years of Growth” contains a timeline from 1918 until 1998
2. Booklet “Mississippi The Magnolia State” published by Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Secretary of State, circa 1980-1984
3. Handout “Forrest County Quick Fact Reference 2011” published by the Forrest County Planning Department
4. Periodical “Mississippi Supervisor and Chancery Clerk, Circuit Clerk, Tax Assessor & Collector” June 1991
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Materials pertaining to the destruction of the Mississippi Gulf Coast by Hurricane Katrina in August 2005 and the community's rebuilding efforts.
Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann and in honor of Wilhelm Reinhard Gehlen.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 46
- Letter. 41
- Photographs. 39
- Newsletters. 26
- Brochures. 22
- Programs (Publications). 22
- Albums (Books). 20
- Memorabilia. 20
- Books. 19
- Financial documents. 16
- Speech. 16
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 16
- Manuscript. 15
- Map. 14
- Awards. 13
- Fliers (Ephemera). 13
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 12
- Certificates. 11 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, Don 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1 + ∧ less