Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Two campaign posters from the newly formed Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
Audio and video tapes, press releases and broadsides from the campaigns of Gov. Bill Allain, Sen. John Stennis, Haley Barbour, and Gov. Cliff Finch.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Video tapes of television spots from campaigns of Mississippi Senator John Stennis, Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Gandy, and Democratic Presidential candidate Gary Hart. The accession also includes slides and audio cassettes of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Historic District Walking Tours for 1985 and 1986.
- Letter. 16
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 15
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 15
- Memorabilia. 13
- Photographs. 13
- Fliers (Ephemera). 12
- Records (Documents). 12
- Periodicals. 11
- Financial documents. 10
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Speech. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Greeting cards. 8
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 8
- Posters. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Government publications. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Certificates. 6 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- DeVine, Annie (Annie Bell Robinson), 1912–2000 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1 + ∧ less