Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Dates: 1947, 1951
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
John L. Pendergrass Collection of Political Campaign Materials
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Dates: circa 1900-2020
Political Campaign Collection
Abstract This collection consists of information on various politicians throughout Mississippi from approximately 1904 - 1959. The materials include biographical information of politicians and election-related materials (i.e. instructions for voting). The collection also contains campaign materials such as flyers, pamphlets, handout cards, and posters. There are also a variety of newspapers that feature campaign ads. Among the politicians whose campaign materials are featured in the collection are...
Dates: circa 1904-1959
Republican Party of Forrest County Records
Scope and Contents This collection largely consists of the 1959-1963 correspondence of Fred D. Montague and Forrest County Republican Party Chairman, Clarence E. Tolar. Most of the correspondence was received from the Mississippi Republican Party headquarters, and much of this was signed by the state chairman, Wirt A. Yerger, Jr. Letters from other individuals and organizations are present, and some outgoing correspondence is also included. Much of the earlier correspondence concerns political patronage...
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
- Letter. 5
- Memorabilia. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Speech. 4
- Campaign literature. 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Greeting cards. 3
- Invitation cards. 3
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Posters. 3
- Press releases. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 3 + ∧ less
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). 2
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Nixon, Richard M., 37th President of the United States (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Pendergrass, John L., M.D. 1
- Republican Party (Miss.). 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ). GOP 1
- Shows, Ronnie, Congressman (Clifford Ronald), 1947- 1 + ∧ less