Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
William M. Colmer Papers
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Joseph B. Parker Mississippi Political Campaign Materials
Audio and video tapes, press releases and broadsides from the campaigns of Gov. Bill Allain, Sen. John Stennis, Haley Barbour, and Gov. Cliff Finch.
John L. Pendergrass Collection of Political Campaign Materials
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Political Campaign Collection
John Elliott Rankin Collection
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
Republican Party of Forrest County Records
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
R. Ingram Tullos Papers
Video Tape Collection
Video tapes of television spots from campaigns of Mississippi Senator John Stennis, Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Gandy, and Democratic Presidential candidate Gary Hart. The accession also includes slides and audio cassettes of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Historic District Walking Tours for 1985 and 1986.
- Letter. 10
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Memorabilia. 8
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 7
- Speech. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Legislators -- United States. 6
- Photographs. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Posters. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Awards. 4
- Campaign literature. 4
- Governors -- Mississippi. 4 + ∧ less
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Finch, Cliff, 57th Governor of Mississippi (Charles Clifton), 1927–1986 1
- Harrison, Pat, Senator (Byron Patton), 1881-1941 1
- Hart, Gary, Senator (Gary Warren Hartpence), 1936- 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 + ∧ less