Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Municipal records of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
The collection contains testimonies, articles, press releases, and documents on various aspects of Mississippi during the Hurricane Katrina disaster and the years of struggle for recovery on the Mississippi gulf coast. These materials were compiled by University of Southern Mississippi History Professor, James "Pat" Smith, in creating his book Hurricane Katrina: the Mississippi Story.
This collection contains personal items relative to Mr. E.B. (Emmet) and Catherine Bilbo Thomas. Mrs. Thomas was the niece of Gov. Paul B. Johnson, Sr., and cousin to Gov. Paul B. Johnson, Jr.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Photographs. 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 10
- Albums (Books). 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Speech. 7
- Financial documents. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 6
- Awards. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Legislators -- United States. 4
- Lieutenant governors -- Mississippi. 4
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 4 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Hardy, Robert B., Colonel (Robert Baskerville "Bob"), 1919-2006 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Saucier, Gene Duane, Ed.D, 1931-2020 1
- Shows, Ronnie, Congressman (Clifford Ronald), 1947- 1
- Smith, James "Pat" Patterson, Dr., Professor Emeritus of History 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Sun herald (Biloxi, Miss.) 1
- Taylor, Gary Eugene "Gene", Member of the U.S. House of Representatives and Mississippi State Senator, 1953- 1
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 1
- United States. Federal Emergency Management Agency. FEMA 1 + ∧ less