Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Photographs. 7
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Lumber trade. 5
- Railroads. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History. 4
- Letter. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Manuscript. 3
- Map. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Calendar. 2
- Court decisions and opinions. 2
- Government publications. 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 2 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Grimsley, Reagan L. 1
- Gulf and Ship Island Railroad 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hardy, Hattie Lott, 1848-1895 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hoffman, Gilbert H., Dr. (Gilbert Hay), 1932- 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1 + ∧ less