Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
The bulk of the collection consists of 70 logging railroad maps drawn by Tony Howe. The maps portray railroad operations, timber holdings and other aspects of lumber companies that proliferated in South Mississippi during the latter years of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.
This collection consists of thirteen volumes of journals and ledgers documenting the financial condition, accounts and related activities of the J. J. Newman Lumber Company which operated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi between approximately 1894 and 1943. It is not a complete set of the company's books, but some information is available for almost every year of the company's existence. The largest gaps for which no information is available are 1899-1902 and 1907-1908.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 4
- Railroads. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Lamar County (Miss.). 3
- Logging. 3
- Lumber trade. 3
- Brochures. 2
- Business records. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Harrison County (Miss.). 2
- Legal instruments. 2
- Map. 2
- Moss Point (Miss.). 2
- Negatives. 2
- Pearl River County (Miss.). 2
- Perry County (Miss.). 2
- Photographs. 2
- Timber -- Mississippi. 2 ∧ less
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Brookhaven Lumber & Manufacturing Company (1901-1922) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Hattiesburg Sawmill Company (1922-1926) 1
- J.J. Newman Lumber Company (1894-1943) 1