Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Jeff Balfour Collection
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
L.E. Faulkner Papers
Reagan L. Grimsley Research Collection
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
William H. and Hattie L. Hardy Papers
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Hattiesburg Historical Photographs
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
Tony Howe Railroad Map Collection
The bulk of the collection consists of 70 logging railroad maps drawn by Tony Howe. The maps portray railroad operations, timber holdings and other aspects of lumber companies that proliferated in South Mississippi during the latter years of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
J.J. Newman Lumber Company Records
This collection consists of thirteen volumes of journals and ledgers documenting the financial condition, accounts and related activities of the J. J. Newman Lumber Company which operated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi between approximately 1894 and 1943. It is not a complete set of the company's books, but some information is available for almost every year of the company's existence. The largest gaps for which no information is available are 1899-1902 and 1907-1908.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 8
- Photographs. 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Lumber trade. 6
- Railroads. 6
- Financial documents. 4
- Forrest County (Miss.) 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History. 4
- Letter. 4
- Logging. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Lamar County (Miss.). 3
- Manuscript. 3
- Map. 3
- Postcards. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Business records. 2 + ∧ less
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Brookhaven Lumber & Manufacturing Company (1901-1922) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Faulkner, Louis Edward, 1883-1961 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Grimsley, Reagan L. 1
- Gulf and Ship Island Railroad 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hardy, Hattie Lott, 1848-1895 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg Sawmill Company (1922-1926) 1
- J.J. Newman Lumber Company (1894-1943) 1
- John Kamper Sawmill 1 + ∧ less