Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Abstract A unique and extremely detailed first-hand visual and textual record of railroad fieldwork in the early years of the 20th-century.
Abstract This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of 28 cubic feet of files maintained by Louis Edward Faulkner between approximately 1925 and 1960. A few items are dated as early as 1902 and as late as 1963. These files document many of Mr. Faulkner's business, civic, political, and religious activities during that period, and provide glimpses of his personal life as well. Materials in the files consist primarily of correspondence, but also include numerous speeches, publications, and newsclippings, plus a few...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of forty-five photographs taken by New Orleans Photographer John N. Teunisson between the years 1918 and 1920. The photographs show the operations and facilities of the Rosa Lumber Company of Picayune, Mississippi, which became a part of the Goodyear Yellow Pine Company. The photographs also show the last stages of construction and the early operations of the new Goodyear Yellow Pine Company mill, also located in Picayune. Six photographs show Camp Anderson, a temporary...
Dates: circa 1918-1920
Abstract Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Abstract DVD, photographs, ephemera, etc., related to Mississippi Central Railroad Company and the Bonhomie and Hattiesburg Southern Railroad.
Abstract Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
Dates: circa late 1800s-1986
Abstract The Gilbert H. Hoffman Papers and Research Collection contains the research notes and photographs which Hoffman compiled and collected for the book, Dummy Lines Through the Longleaf, a history of sawmill operations and logging railroads in Southwest Mississippi during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. In addition, it contains hundreds of photographs, both positive and negative images, of other railroads and logging operations principally in...
Dates: circa 1870-2004
Abstract An aerial photograph of the Homochitto Lumber Company in Bude, Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1923
Abstract This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Scope and Contents A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, and letters about Mississippi.
Scope and Contents Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Dates: circa 1850-1967
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Dates: 1881-1991; undated
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 10
- Railroads. 9
- Lumber trade. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Letter. 6
- Logging. 5
- Brochures. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History. 4
- Map. 4
- Postcards. 4
- Timber -- Mississippi. 4
- Memorabilia. 3
- Mississippi. 3
- Negatives. 3
- Personal narratives. 3
- Sawmills. 3 ∧ less
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 2
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Appling, Alfred A. 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company. CNW (1859–1995) 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company. CBQ (1849–1970) 1
- Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis Railway Company. CCC&StL (1889–1930) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Faulkner, Louis Edward, 1883-1961 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Goodyear Yellow Pine Company (1917-1950) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hardy, Hattie Lott, 1848-1895 1
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 1
- Harvey , H. J. 1 ∧ less