Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract This collection contains Crosby family correspondence, ledger, and financial reports of the Native and Ten Mile lumber companies of Mississippi.
Form of Material L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Dates: circa 1840-1965
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of 28 cubic feet of files maintained by Louis Edward Faulkner between approximately 1925 and 1960. A few items are dated as early as 1902 and as late as 1963. These files document many of Mr. Faulkner's business, civic, political, and religious activities during that period, and provide glimpses of his personal life as well. Materials in the files consist primarily of correspondence, but also include numerous speeches, publications, and newsclippings, plus a few...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of forty-five photographs taken by New Orleans Photographer John N. Teunisson between the years 1918 and 1920. The photographs show the operations and facilities of the Rosa Lumber Company of Picayune, Mississippi, which became a part of the Goodyear Yellow Pine Company. The photographs also show the last stages of construction and the early operations of the new Goodyear Yellow Pine Company mill, also located in Picayune. Six photographs show Camp Anderson, a temporary...
Dates: circa 1918-1920
Abstract Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
Dates: circa late 1800s-1986
Abstract The Gilbert H. Hoffman Papers and Research Collection contains the research notes and photographs which Hoffman compiled and collected for the book, Dummy Lines Through the Longleaf, a history of sawmill operations and logging railroads in Southwest Mississippi during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. In addition, it contains hundreds of photographs, both positive and negative images, of other railroads and logging operations principally in...
Dates: circa 1870-2004
Abstract An aerial photograph of the Homochitto Lumber Company in Bude, Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1923
Abstract This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of thirteen volumes of journals and ledgers documenting the financial condition, accounts and related activities of the J. J. Newman Lumber Company which operated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi between approximately 1894 and 1943. It is not a complete set of the company's books, but some information is available for almost every year of the company's existence. The largest gaps for which no information is available are 1899-1902 and 1907-1908.
Dates: circa 1895-1943
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Dates: 1881-1991; undated
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 9
- Railroads. 9
- Photographs. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Letter. 4
- Logging. 4
- Timber -- Mississippi. 4
- Business records. 3
- Court decisions and opinions. 3
- Forrest County (Miss.) 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History. 3
- Map. 3
- Sawmills. 3
- Account books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Calendar. 2 ∧ less
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 2
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Crosby, W.G. 1
- Faulkner, Louis Edward, 1883-1961 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Goodyear Yellow Pine Company (1917-1950) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Harvey , H. J. 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hoffman, Gilbert H., Dr. (Gilbert Hay), 1932- 1
- Homochitto Lumber Company (1912-1943) 1
- J.J. Newman Lumber Company (1894-1943) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1
- Native Lumber Company (Howison, MS). (1899-1928) 1
- Riley, James A. 1 ∧ less