Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains documents and photographs.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Financial documents. 10
- Photographs. 10
- Periodicals. 8
- Legal instruments. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Certificates. 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Calendar. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Government publications. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Political campaigns. 5
- Postcards. 5
- Awards. 4 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McKeithen 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Riley, James A. 1 + ∧ less