Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 272
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Leslie A. Falk African American History Research Collection
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
L.E. Faulkner Papers
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
First Baptist Church Collection
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
S.J. Fitzgerald Collection
T.L. Grace & Company and its cotton business affairs.
Flinn-Pegram Family Collection
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
Forrest County Cemetery Book Typescript
Manuscript and typescript of cemetery markers.
Forrest County Historical Collection
1. Brochure “Forrest County 90 Years of Growth” contains a timeline from 1918 until 1998
2. Booklet “Mississippi The Magnolia State” published by Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Secretary of State, circa 1980-1984
3. Handout “Forrest County Quick Fact Reference 2011” published by the Forrest County Planning Department
4. Periodical “Mississippi Supervisor and Chancery Clerk, Circuit Clerk, Tax Assessor & Collector” June 1991
Forrest County, Mississippi, Criminal Record Book
Forrest County Poll Tax Receipts
Forrest County Poll Tax Receipts (A17, A18, A19) for 1964-1965. The receipts are in alphabetical order by voting precinct.
Forrest Motor Company Records
This collection contains a ledger.
Mildred Seymour Foster Papers
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
Courtney L. Frobenius Vietnam Research Collection
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Glenda Funchess Civil Rights Collection
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Guy L. Gammon WWII Collection
This collection consists of materials relating to the Crash Boat Base in Ocean Springs, Mississippi during WWII.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Paul L. Gaston Insurance Agency Journal
This journal (1931-1935) from Paul L. Gaston's Hattiesburg, Mississippi, insurance agency contains a monthly record for each insurance company Gaston represented. These records include the names of his clients, a description of the property insured, the amount of the insurance, and the premiums paid. Significantly, the descriptions sometimes include addresses of the insured property.
J.B. George Papers
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Clyde Ginn Education Materials
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
Harry R. Godman Letters
Letters to Godman in Terry, Mississippi regarding Civil War and Reconstruction.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Dr. John D.W. Guice Papers
Papers of Dr. John D.W. Guice, University of Southern Mississippi Professor Emeritus of History.
Gulf and Ship Island Railroad Minute Book
Secretary's record book of Board of Directors minutes.
Kenneth U. Gutsch Collection
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
- Subject: Records (Documents). X
- Letter. 155
- Photographs. 123
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 122
- Financial documents. 79
- Newsletters. 57
- Periodicals. 56
- Programs (Publications). 56
- Brochures. 53
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 53
- Memorabilia. 48
- Albums (Books). 45
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Manuscript. 37
- Clubs. 36
- Books. 32
- Speech. 32
- Fliers (Ephemera). 31
- Minutes (Records). 31
- Map. 30 + ∧ less
- English 271
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Confederate States of America 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 2 + ∧ less