Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 272
Con L. Sellers Papers
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
William Price Shreve Papers
Civil War memoir by William P. Shreve relating to his William P. Shreve's military career in the American Civil War dating between June, 1861, and February, 1864.
Donald Clyde Simmons Jr., Ph.D. Collection
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
John Ray Skates / History of the Mississippi Supreme Court Research Collection
Research for his book, A History of the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1817-1948.
Lewis E. & Albertine M. Skilton Papers
Michael Sledge Research Collection
Dr. James P. Smith Collection
The collection contains testimonies, articles, press releases, and documents on various aspects of Mississippi during the Hurricane Katrina disaster and the years of struggle for recovery on the Mississippi gulf coast. These materials were compiled by University of Southern Mississippi History Professor, James "Pat" Smith, in creating his book Hurricane Katrina: the Mississippi Story.
Renee Adrienne Smith Collection on the Alfred Burton Stuart Family
William G. Smith Civil War Military Commissions
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Collection
Various publications from the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church located at 3117 West 4th Street in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
M. James Stevens Mississippi and Gulf Coast Research Collection
Peter Stocks Papers
Documentation of the life and career of Dr. Peter Stocks, professor of microbiology and chair of the Department of Microbiology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Stovall Family Collection
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
H. M. Strong Letter
This collection consists of a letter and reply between H. M. Strong and the War Department, when Strong requested information on his grandfather’s, James Harvey Greene’s, Civil War service as a Captain in the 8th Wisconsin Infantry. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the American Civil War.
Tom Tardy, Jr. Collection
Information from the Department of Health, Education and Welfare in January 1967 containing a cover letter from Harold Howe, II, U.S. Commissioner of Education, to all Superintendents and Boards of Education of school systems qualifying for federal financial assistance under voluntary plans for desegregation. There are 5 sample letters and notices for their use in disseminating information regarding “choice of schools”.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
E.B. and Catherine Bilbo Thomas Collection
This collection contains personal items relative to Mr. E.B. (Emmet) and Catherine Bilbo Thomas. Mrs. Thomas was the niece of Gov. Paul B. Johnson, Sr., and cousin to Gov. Paul B. Johnson, Jr.
Emmett V. Thomas Papers
Papers concerning the life and career of Mr. Emmett V. Thomas, an insurance agent and realtor in Biloxi, Mississippi. The collection includes materials relating to the Harrison County Development Commission and various social and civic organizations of Biloxi.
Douglas Tiberiis White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by White Folks Project volunteer.
David Neal Tigert Letters
The David Neal Tigert Letters consist of approximately 200 letters written by Corp. David Neal Tigert to his parents when he served in the Korean War in the Military Police. There is also one World War I letter composed by Tigert’s father, W. D. Tigert, as well as other miscellaneous documents. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying World War I, the Korean War, and life at home in Laurel, Mississippi.
Melvin R. L. Tingle Mississippi History Collection
Photocopies of the following originals in Mr. Melvin Tingle's Okla Museum in Decatur, Mississippi:
1. Business ledger (ca. 1837-1839) of the James Ellis General Store, which operated in Decatur, Mississippi. Decatur, Mississippi
2. Land deed in Newton County, Mississippi (December 8, 1837) between Isham and Jane Dansby and Benjamin F. Tingle.
3. Affidavit regarding the character of B. F. Tingle (November 27, 1908).
Rev. Elton Cartis Tucker Papers
The collection contains materials pertaining to Elton Cartis Tucker’s service in the U.S. Army. Items range from his service in the military, material on the First U.S. Infantry Division, and various memorabilia such as a cloth and paper swastika to postage stamps to a small shaving mirror.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Turner Family Genealogical Collection
These genealogical materials trace the Turner Family from Woodville, Mississippi, in the late 1800’s, through New Orleans, Louisiana, to California. There are two booklets:
1. The Turner Family History
2. The Turner Family 1st Annual Family Reunion, July 24, 2010
United States. Adjutant General's Office. General Orders #25
Order dissolving the Fourth Military District of Mississippi and Arkansas.
United States. Army. Provost-Marshal's Office (4th District, Richmond, VA.) Documents
Includes copy of President Lincoln's amnesty proclamation of December 8, 1863.
- Subject: Records (Documents). X
- Letter. 155
- Photographs. 123
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 122
- Financial documents. 79
- Newsletters. 57
- Periodicals. 56
- Programs (Publications). 56
- Brochures. 53
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 53
- Memorabilia. 48
- Albums (Books). 45
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Manuscript. 37
- Clubs. 36
- Books. 32
- Speech. 32
- Fliers (Ephemera). 31
- Minutes (Records). 31
- Map. 30 + ∧ less
- English 271
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Confederate States of America 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 2 + ∧ less