Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 272
United States Forest Service, Harrison Experimental Forest Station Collection
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District, Hurricane Camille Collection
Items relating to Hurricane Camille disaster operations by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District.
Louisa D. Mott Van Buren Civil War Memoir and Related Material
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Hawkins L. Vickers Papers
These records document the activities of the Vickers Plant Farms, which were based in Hattiesburg and located in the surrounding area.
The collection is unprocessed and unorganized.
Admiral Frank Virden Papers
Research material, subject files, and correspondence relating to South America.
Virginia Governor's Communication Enclosing a Communication from the Commissioner from Mississippi
Pamphlet requesting urgent response to proposal for a convention of slave-holding states.
Virginia Governor's Communication Enclosing the Credentials of the Commissioner from Mississippi
Pamphlet aimed at gaining Virginia's support for a convention of slave-holding states.
Virginia Militia, 114th Regiment, Company F (Captain William Wolford's Company) Morning Report
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Ernest A. Walen Collection
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
David Walls Collection on the Child Development Group of Mississippi
Samuel J. Wells Collection
Manuscripts, galley proofs, other relating to his book After Removal: The Choctaws in Mississippi and additional Native American research materials.
Dr. Brooks H. Wester Papers
Edward M. Wheat Papers
Publications and professional papers reflecting the 23-year career of USM professor of political science.
Roy M. Wheat Papers
Correspondence, video, other materials documenting the life and early death in the Vietnam War of this Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
Velma Lou Lewis White Collection
Whitworth College Collection
This collection contains materials about Whitworth College.
Iain Whyte Civil Rights Collection
Rev. Dr. Iain Whyte of Scotland was a volunteer in the Freedom Summer Project of 1964. Included in the collection are slides, letters, pamphlets, and flyers from his time in Greenville and Jackson working in the Freedom Schools.
Bell I. Wiley: Typescript of Southern Negroes, 1861-1865
G.D. Williamson Papers
Christopher Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
Neil Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
FBI file of volunteer in Indianola, Mississippi.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Capt. John P. Worthing Civil War Letters
Transcripts of three letters written by white officer of the 88th Regiment of U.S. Colored Troops (formerly Corps d'Afrique).
M.E. Wright Claim for Reparations
Claim to the U.S. Commissioners of Claims, plus two letters of support, 1871.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Subject: Records (Documents). X
- Letter. 155
- Photographs. 123
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 122
- Financial documents. 79
- Newsletters. 57
- Periodicals. 56
- Programs (Publications). 56
- Brochures. 53
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 53
- Memorabilia. 48
- Albums (Books). 45
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Manuscript. 37
- Clubs. 36
- Books. 32
- Speech. 32
- Fliers (Ephemera). 31
- Minutes (Records). 31
- Map. 30 + ∧ less
- English 271
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Confederate States of America 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 2 + ∧ less