Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Bo Morgan holds a Ph.D. in history from Memphis State University. He studies the history of the American South and is a leading expert on Mississippi history. He teaches courses on the South after Reconstruction, Mississippi, the theory and philosophy of history, and intellectual history. Dr. Morgan, the former chair of the Department of History at Delta State University, joined USM's Department of History in the fall of 2009.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Records (Documents). 9
- Letter. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Periodicals. 6
- Albums (Books). 4
- Brochures. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Résumés (Employment). 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- Awards. 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Essay. 3
- Manuscript. 3
- Memorabilia. 3 ∧ less
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Long, James S., Dr. 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Morgan, Chester “Bo”, Dr. 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Scarborough, William K., Dr. (William Kauffman), 1933-2020 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1
- Van Hook, Benjamin Ormond (B.O.), 1899-1988 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1
- Zaninelli, Luigi, 1932- 1 ∧ less