Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 9
- Records (Documents). 9
- Photographs. 8
- Newsletters. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 7
- Awards. 6
- Programs (Publications). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Certificates. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Diplomas. 3
- Greeting cards. 3
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Books. 2 ∧ less
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Scarborough, William K., Dr. (William Kauffman), 1933-2020 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Shows, Ronnie, Congressman (Clifford Ronald), 1947- 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1 ∧ less