Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Robert Cecil Cook Papers
Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences
Virginia Isabelle Felder Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
J.B. George Papers
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Charles Kershner Speech
The Charles Kershner Speech is the speech Kershner made on November 9, 2007 at the Symposium on Social Justice at the University of Southern Mississippi. In his speech, Kershner addressed the censorship of the March 20, 1964, issue of The Student Printz. This collection would be of interest to those studying The Student Printz and the University of Southern Mississippi’s history on racial segregation.
Dr. James S. Long Papers
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
William D. McCain Pamphlet Collection
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Dr. Chester “Bo” Morgan Collection
Bo Morgan holds a Ph.D. in history from Memphis State University. He studies the history of the American South and is a leading expert on Mississippi history. He teaches courses on the South after Reconstruction, Mississippi, the theory and philosophy of history, and intellectual history. Dr. Morgan, the former chair of the Department of History at Delta State University, joined USM's Department of History in the fall of 2009.
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Dr. William K. Scarborough Collection
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Raymond Seymour Papers
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Thomas Hiram Stanley Papers
This collection contains addresses, programs, and photographs.
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 18
- Letter. 17
- Records (Documents). 17
- Photographs. 16
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 13
- Periodicals. 11
- Programs (Publications). 11
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 10
- Newsletters. 8
- Awards. 7
- Brochures. 7
- Certificates. 7
- Diplomas. 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Greeting cards. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 5 + ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Frazier, John, 1941- 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Jones, Shirley J., Dr., Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work, 1931- 1
- Kershner, Charles “Chuck” (-2013) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Long, James S., Dr. 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1 + ∧ less