Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 177
Col. Grover Ashley Papers
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
O.V. Austin Papers
Letters, photographs, and other materials reflecting his personal life as well as his association with Mississippi Normal College.
Jeff Balfour Collection
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
James Berry Family Scrapbook
Scrapbook for the April 2015 ceremony during which donor’s family planted four magnolia trees on-campus to represent three generations of attendance at USM.
Joe Berryman Collection
Musical instruments, record albums, trophies, photographs, manuscript and published musical scores, composing notes of noted Southern bandsman and USM professor.
Dr. Roy G. Bigelow Collection
Two items Dr. Roy G. Bigelow had with him during his time in France during WWI.
Black Lives Matter Collection
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Bolton Family Collection
Boney Family Collection
This collection contains Boney Family materials.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Charles R. Brent Photographic Collection
This collection contains materials about Hattiesburg and The University of Southern Mississippi.
Kate B. Brown Papers
Katherine Brown Scrapbook
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Fleet C. Burkett Papers
The Fleet C. Burkett Papers contain letters, newspaper clippings, and photographs pertaining to Burkett’s time at Mississippi Normal College and after. He was the oldest living alumni from the original class of Mississippi Normal College in 1912. This collection would be of interest to those studying about the beginning of Mississippi Normal College and student life at Mississippi Normal College.
Zed Houston Burns Collection
Jackie Yelverton Burton Papers
Memorabilia of Demonstration School of Mississippi Southern College,
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Erskine Caldwell Letters to Jac L. Tharpe
James and Patsy Causey Photographs
The James and Patsy Causey Photographs collection contains five black-and-white photographs of the State Teacher’s College in Hattiesburg, Mississippi from the 1920s. The collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying the history of the University of Southern Mississippi, college life in the early twentieth century, and / or education.
Austin Church Collection on Miss Oseola McCarty
Three DVD’s, one CD, and other materials related to the creation of a song about Osceola McCarty called “Miss Ola, The Mississippi Giver”.
Orazio Ciccarelli Research Collection
Primarily photocopies of documents from the Foreign Ministry Archive in Rome, Italy, concerning diplomatic relations between Italy, Peru, and the United States, as well as immigration/emigration, Peruvian political and economic history, and Italy's military missions and armament sales to Latin American countries. The entire collection is in Italian.
Robert Hays Cleveland Collection
The materials in the collection were organized in alphabetical order.
Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Sam & Gwen Clinton Papers
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
Fred Cook Collection
Commendation by Mississippi Senate and House of Representatives for USM student Fred Cook's outstanding accomplishments in intercollegiate athletics.
Joseph Anderson Cook Family Papers
Joseph Anderson (Joe) Cook was born on November 16, 1862 in Artesia (Lowndes County), Mississippi. He was a pioneer of education in Mississippi, who provided college educations for all of his children at the school of their choice. This multi-faceted collection consists of materials that encompass the entire Cook Family, but the principal subject is Joseph Anderson (Joe) Cook, first president of Mississippi Normal College at Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- Subject: University of Southern Mississippi. X
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 175
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 85
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Letter. 74
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Records (Documents). 66
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 40
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 + ∧ less
- English 176
- Italian 1
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less