Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 66
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Musical instruments, record albums, trophies, photographs, manuscript and published musical scores, composing notes of noted Southern bandsman and USM professor.
This collection contains Boney Family materials.
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Primarily photocopies of documents from the Foreign Ministry Archive in Rome, Italy, concerning diplomatic relations between Italy, Peru, and the United States, as well as immigration/emigration, Peruvian political and economic history, and Italy's military missions and armament sales to Latin American countries. The entire collection is in Italian.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Papers of Dr. John D.W. Guice, University of Southern Mississippi Professor Emeritus of History.
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
Newspaper clippings, originals and photocopies, from Teacher’s College News, The Student Printz, and the New Albany Newspaper concerning S.C. Hall, one of Mississippi Normal College’s early faculty members.
USM materials and state teaching certificates.
Materials gathered by John Howard during his research of the history of the Choral Department at USM for his dissertation.
A small section of the materials are photocopies of newspaper clippings and brochures. The remaining section of the materials are original brochures and a photograph of Jack Donovan, Choral Conductor at USM from 1964-84.
Materials pertaining to the life and career of Dr. Norvin L. Landskov, professor of education at The University of Southern Mississippi, 1947-1972. Dr. Landskov served as chairman of the Department of Secondary Education and as director of student teaching. Also included are materials relating to his wife, Mrs. Irene Landskov, a high school teacher.
- Photographs. 41
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 40
- Letter. 39
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Periodicals. 25
- University of Southern Mississippi. 22
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 21
- Financial documents. 18
- Memorabilia. 18
- Programs (Publications). 18
- Speech. 17
- Brochures. 16
- Newsletters. 16
- Albums (Books). 15
- Books. 15
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 15
- Manuscript. 14
- Essay. 11
- Postcards. 11 ∧ less
- English 65
- Italian 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1 ∧ less