Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 175
Programs, newspaper clippings, and other materials relating to Mr. Robert Wilson Kingsbery, a masters degree student in the School of Music at Mississippi Southern College, now The University of Southern Mississippi, from 1949 to 1950.
Noncirculating; available for research.
This collection consists of a research paper entitled “The Ku Klux Klan in Jones County” written by Ms. Eleanor B. Lang in 1976, for Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty’s “History in Mississippi” course in the Department of History at The University of Southern Mississippi. The paper focuses on the history of the Ku Klux Klan in Jones County, Mississippi, and includes accompanying documentary material. The collection includes a photocopy of the research paper as well as the original.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Materials pertaining to the life and career of Dr. Norvin L. Landskov, professor of education at The University of Southern Mississippi, 1947-1972. Dr. Landskov served as chairman of the Department of Secondary Education and as director of student teaching. Also included are materials relating to his wife, Mrs. Irene Landskov, a high school teacher.
Diary of his experiences in the European Theater.
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Scrapbooks, ledgers, date books concerning the Hattiesburg YWCA and Mississippi Garden Center.
Typescripts of compositions by Dr. Rosewell G. Loweey, Dean of Men and director of Student Welfare at The University of Southern Mississippi. Also included is a small booklet of poems by his brother, Vernon Booth Lowrey.
Collection of memorabilia about former University of Southern Mississippi student Brett Favre.
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
This collection contains information about Richard McLemore.
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of Dr. Carlton L. McQuagge, former instructor and administrator at The University of Southern Mississippi.
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains the literary and academic manuscripts of Dr. Charles Moorman, as well as his personal correspondence with the members of the professional and academic organizations of which he was a part.
Bo Morgan holds a Ph.D. in history from Memphis State University. He studies the history of the American South and is a leading expert on Mississippi history. He teaches courses on the South after Reconstruction, Mississippi, the theory and philosophy of history, and intellectual history. Dr. Morgan, the former chair of the Department of History at Delta State University, joined USM's Department of History in the fall of 2009.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Playbills, programs and miscellaneous items from cultural performances and sporting events are in this collection. These include performances at USM, Laurel (MS), New Orleans, Mobile, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and London.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
- Subject: University of Southern Mississippi. X
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 173
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 84
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Letter. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- Records (Documents). 66
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 39
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 ∧ less
- English 174
- Italian 1
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2 ∧ less