Showing Collections: 331 - 360 of 1427
H.C. “Clint” Dellinger Collection
A variety of scrapbooks, newspapers, periodicals, brochures relating to Henry Clinton “Clint” Dellinger (circa 1920-2015).
Judy Delton Papers
The Judy Delton Papers contain a typescript for My Mom Hates Me in January (1977). Delton, whose writing often dealt with the emotional problems and questions of childhood while retaining a lighthearted tone, was best known for her Kitty, Angel, and Pee Wee Scouts series.
Photographs, a football jacket, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. from the Demonstration High School on the USM Hattiesburg campus in the late 1940s.
W. W. Denslow Papers
Dent Family Papers
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Justin F. Denzel Papers
The Justin Francis Denzel Papers contain a typescript, letters received, and publications created and accumulated by Justin Francis Denzel between 1955 and 1994. Denzel's papers were created from his composition of one book and eighteen short stories. Over his career, Denzel published more than one hundred short stories and fourteen fiction and non-fiction books for eight- to twelve-year old readers.
Tomie dePaola Papers
The Tomie dePaola Papers contain two illustrations and a poster created and accumulated by the author-illustrator for two books published in 1980 and 1991. A prolific artist, dePaola has illustrated more than two hundred children's books, more than one hundred of which he also has authored. His efforts have been rewarded with numerous awards, including a Caldecott Honor Medal for Strega Nona (1976) and Newbery Honor Medal for 26 Fairmount Avenue (2000).
Derek Anderson Papers
The collection includes materials used or received by Derek Anderson which contain an original sketch and poster from the illustrator.
August Derleth Papers
The August Derleth Papers contains typescripts and correspondence related to short stories and poetry composed by August Derleth.
The collection is arranged into one series (Writings) that includes typescripts of two short stories and one single poem. A correspondence related to one of the short stories is also included. Each item in the series is contained in an individual folder. All of the items have been signed by the author in ink.
Reid Derr Dissertation Collection
Dissertation notes of Reid S. Derr
Gene DeWeese Papers
Hugh Carroll Dickson Civil War Letters
Photocopies and transcripts of 8 letters written by a soldier in Company "C" of the 16th Mississippi Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia.
Cathron Disney Letter
Letter from Cathron Disney requesting wills of the Buxton family addressed to the Registrant of Wills, Norwich, England. A typed transcript is included.
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Austin Dobson Papers
The Austin Dobson Papers consist of a letter from Dobson to an unnamed correspondent discussing a volume of love lyrics to be illustrated by Kate Greenaway. Dobson proposed eight to twelve chrome-lithographs designed especially for the same number of lyrics.
Anne Louise D'Olive Papers
This collection consists of a wide variety of materials gathered by Anne Louise D'Olive.
Janina Domanska Papers
John Donne Variorum Papers
Dorothy Keeley Aldis Papers
The collection includes materials used or received by Dorothy K. Aldis that includes the galley proofs of Dumb Stupid David, a bookmark from Quick as a Wink, and a photo of Dorothy K. Aldis from circa 1940s.
Jean Slaughter Doty Papers
Esther Morris Douty Papers
Esther Morris Douty was an English professor and children's author, as well as a member of Washington D.C.'s Children's Book Guild. The collection includes manuscripts.
Drew High School Class of 1957 Collage
Collage photograph of the Drew High School Senior Class of 1957 in Drew, Mississippi.
John Gordon Dubay II Collection
William Duke Speech
The collection contains the valedictory speech of William Duke (1875-1940), entitled “Learning and Labor,” from his high school graduation at Lake Como, Mississippi, in 1892.
James K. Dukes Papers
Items used by former Forrest County Prosecutor James K. Dukes for a USM University Forum presentation on August 29, 2000.
William F. Dukes FBI Scrapbook
The collection consists of thirty-one photocopied pages from a scrapbook documenting the career of William F. “Bill” Dukes with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (1964-1967; undated). Mr. Dukes retained the original scrapbook.
Ralph Dunagin Editorial Cartoon Collection
949 single-panel original editorial cartoons.
John Duncan Letter
Roger Duvoisin Papers
Lionel Dyck, Jr. 103d Military Collection
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 942
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 477
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 307
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 277
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68 + ∧ less
- English 1421
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less