Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 1423
The stories in this collection may be of interest to students of literature, religion, sociology, and anthropology, in that they provide anecdotal tales associated with traditional values, which reflect the ideas held by a southern, white, educated, minister writing about his perceptions of life in rural northern Mississippi from the early 1900's through the 1970's.
The Thomas Gibbons Aylesworth Papers contain literary material and correspondence created and accumulated by Thomas Gibbons Aylesworth, Virginia Aylesworth, and Gerald M. Reagan between 1968 and 1983. Aylesworth's papers were created from his composition of twenty-nine juvenile and adult books on themes in science, technology, education, paranormal phenomena, and the occult.
The Howard Bahr Papers consist of a typescript for his only children's book, Home for Christmas: A Story of the South (1987). The typescript consists of 28 pages, and is edited.
Letters about his Civil War experiences from Virginia and Delaware.
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Original letter written in 1894 from Meridian, Mississippi, requesting a supply of paper and envelopes to be sent to Corinth, Mississippi.
These materials on Richmond Barthé were brought together in 1979 and 1980, and 1998 and 1999 as a special collection for research purposes of Associate Professor Harry C. Ward of the University of Southern Mississippi Art Department. These items describe the personal and professional life of Richmond Barthé.
Original drawings and text for booklet Common Herbs in Colonial Gardens.
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
Material related to James Edward Bates’ photograph exhibit on the Ku Klux Klan “Passing the Torch” held in Cook Library.
Photocopies of deeds for land now in Stone County, Mississippi.
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Genealogy research files.
Homestead certificate issued to John M. Baylis signed by President Chester A. Arthur, December 30, 1884.
Documents written by and at the command of General Beauregard in Charleston, South Carolina.
Material from the Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield, Mississippi, where B. Beckwith, Sr. was confined for observation in 1963, in connection with his trial for the murder of civil rights activist Medgar Evers.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 941
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 474
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 379
- Photographs. 308
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 277
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 131
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 95
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68 + ∧ less
- English 1417
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less