Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 1423
Copies of this Ocean Springs Record columnist's "Sous Les Chenes", "Images Under the Oaks" and “Vintage Village Vues” columns, and related research materials.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Research collection about Union soldier Charles Dana Miller, including the diary of Union Captain R.S. Chamberlain.
Michael Berenstain, son of the creators of the Berenstain Bears, is an author and illustrator of history, fantasy, science, and other fiction books for children. The Michael Berenstain Papers contain layout sheets for two historical books published in 1977 and 1978.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Scrapbook for the April 2015 ceremony during which donor’s family planted four magnolia trees on-campus to represent three generations of attendance at USM.
Musical instruments, record albums, trophies, photographs, manuscript and published musical scores, composing notes of noted Southern bandsman and USM professor.
Genealogical materials of the Bethea family, at least partially from Hattiesburg. It consists of notebooks, folders and miscellaneous documents.
Minutes and membership lists of Newton County, Mississippi church.
Classbook and membership lists.
The collection contains the dummy for The Swans of Ballycastle by Walter Hackett, illustrated by Bettina Ehrlich, and published in 1954. It also contains a letter from Jean Poindexter Colby explaining how she came into possession of the dummy.
The collection contains materials related to Betty Beeby’s work as an author, illustrator, and artist. The materials are organized into 4 series: Biographical Information, Exhibit Catalog, Publication Information, and Illustrations. The first three series are arranged alphabetically; the fourth is a compilation of a variety of illustrations.
The Betty Swinford Papers contains typed manuscripts, correspondence, articles, and other miscellaneous items related to Swinford’s career as an author.
Memorabilia from the Beverly Drive-In Theatre and the Broadway Drive-In Theatre.
Two items Dr. Roy G. Bigelow had with him during his time in France during WWI.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Architectural drawings spanning three decades of the work of Hattiesburg, Mississippi architect Steve Blair, Jr. Requires permission of current owner of building to view.
Notes and video tapes of raw footage used in the making of Blank's film "Standing Tall" about the working conditions of African Americans in the catfish factories of the Mississippi Delta and their successful efforts to join a national union.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 941
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 474
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 379
- Photographs. 308
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 277
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 131
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 95
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68 + ∧ less
- English 1417
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less