Showing Collections: 1381 - 1389 of 1389
Form of Material Original and published scores of Paul Yoder's compositions for marching bands.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Scope and Contents The collection has original illustrations, sketches, layouts, dummies, and blues for five information trade books. There is also a few pieces of correspondence. The illustrations are done in pencil and some have color separations. All of the illustrations are very detailed and have complex color overlays. The Biography of the Ant (1974) is a trade book about how ants live, feed, and nest. There are layouts with the color separations, a dummy, and a mounted illustration of the jacket cover....
Abstract Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
Dates: circa 1945-2016
Abstract Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1962-2002
Abstract The collection contains two copies of a DVD containing digital reproductions of original materials relating to George Mike Ziegler, Hattiesburg YMCA Athletic Director from 1919 to 1921.
Dates: circa 1919-1921
Abstract The Herbert S. Zim Papers contain production materials and correspondence for thirteen science and nature books written or edited by Zim between 1952 and 1976. Three works represent the popular Golden Guides nature series founded and edited by Zim.
Dates: 1952-1992; Majority of material found within [1952-1975]
Scope and Contents The collection contains a 1975 photograph of Zolotow and materials pertaining to eight books published between 1966 and 1983. The titles are arranged in alphabetical order; for each title, the organization of the material reflects the probable order in which it was created. The material for many of the titles reflects Zolotow's dual position as editor and author.For But Not Billy (1983), the whimsical account of a mother's countless nicknames for her new baby Billy, the collection...
Dates: 1966-1983; Majority of material found within [1973-1976]
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 927
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 454
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 374
- Photographs. 305
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 272
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 129
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 108
- Periodicals. 97
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Personal narratives. 83
- Brochures. 82
- Manuscript. 82
- Newsletters. 80
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 72
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 ∧ less
- English 1383
- German 3
- Italian 2
- French 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 4 ∧ less