Showing Collections: 1381 - 1396 of 1396
Abstract One, 5-page letter dated March 15, 1945 from “Pat” to his sister “Honey.”
Dates: March 15, 1945
Abstract Transcripts of three letters written by white officer of the 88th Regiment of U.S. Colored Troops (formerly Corps d'Afrique).
Dates: June 28, 1863-June 24, 1864
Scope and Contents This collection primarily contains materials concerning a Black History celebration that was held on February 18, 2001. The celebration commemorated the life and legacy of the late Mrs. Helen Fields Woullard. The collection includes a speech and leaflet from the celebration, and two newspaper articles announcing the event. Other materials relate to a scholarship foundation that was established in her honor.
Dates: 2001; undated
Form of Material Claim to the U.S. Commissioners of Claims, plus two letters of support, 1871.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a 1977 letter from the author to the de Grummond Collection and materials for The Ice is Coming (1977). Correspondence with the author indicates that the editorial marks on the typescript are her own.In The Ice is Coming, the first book of a trilogy, Wrightson explores the nature of life and death as Wirrun, an aborigine, turns his friend Yunggamurra, a water sprite, into a human being only to discover that he has subjected her to the human trials of aging...
Abstract Matchbooks and other memorabilia from World War II era.
Dates: circa 1940s
Scope and Contents The collection has been arranged into five series made up of personal mate- rials, correspondence, book materials, an article written by Yashima, and miscellaneous items. Personal materials include fifteen photographs of Mr. Yashima, the majority of which were taken at the 1969 and 1974 Children's Book Festivals held on the University of Southern Mississippi campus. Included with the personal materials is Yashima's original design for the 1974 University of Southern Mississippi Silver...
Form of Material Original and published scores of Paul Yoder's compositions for marching bands.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Scope and Contents The collection has original illustrations, sketches, layouts, dummies, and blues for five information trade books. There is also a few pieces of correspondence. The illustrations are done in pencil and some have color separations. All of the illustrations are very detailed and have complex color overlays. The Biography of the Ant (1974) is a trade book about how ants live, feed, and nest. There are layouts with the color separations, a dummy, and a mounted illustration of the jacket cover....
Abstract Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
Dates: circa 1945-2016
Abstract Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1962-2002
Abstract The collection contains two copies of a DVD containing digital reproductions of original materials relating to George Mike Ziegler, Hattiesburg YMCA Athletic Director from 1919 to 1921.
Dates: circa 1919-1921
Abstract The Herbert S. Zim Papers contain production materials and correspondence for thirteen science and nature books written or edited by Zim between 1952 and 1976. Three works represent the popular Golden Guides nature series founded and edited by Zim.
Dates: 1952-1992; Majority of material found within [1952-1975]
Scope and Contents The collection contains a 1975 photograph of Zolotow and materials pertaining to eight books published between 1966 and 1983. The titles are arranged in alphabetical order; for each title, the organization of the material reflects the probable order in which it was created. The material for many of the titles reflects Zolotow's dual position as editor and author.For But Not Billy (1983), the whimsical account of a mother's countless nicknames for her new baby Billy, the collection...
Dates: 1966-1983; Majority of material found within [1973-1976]
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 941
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 447
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 375
- Photographs. 302
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 274
- Records (Documents). 271
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 131
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 108
- Periodicals. 94
- Memorabilia. 93
- Albums (Books). 90
- Manuscript. 81
- Personal narratives. 81
- Brochures. 79
- Newsletters. 79
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 79
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Clubs. 71
- Civil rights. 70
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 65 ∧ less
- English 1389
- German 3
- Italian 2
- French 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 4
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 4
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 3
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 3 ∧ less