Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 1423
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
The collection contains correspondence and photographs from Camp McCain.
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Newspaper and magazine collection of Betty H. Campbell which she began in 1969 at age 37. She collected historically significant headlines as well as some of personal significance.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Scrapbook, photographs, and newspaper clippings documenting the Cargill-Powers family.
Autographs of Civil War generals, U.S. Presidents, Cabinet members, Senators, Ambassadors.
This collection contains only one item: a letter from author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson to Mrs. Margaret Gatty, editor of the popular Aunt Judy's Magazine from 1866 to 1873. In the letter, Dodgson stated that he included a manuscript from a Mrs. Hatch for possible publication and that any future correspondence with Mrs. Hatch should be sent to her address in Oxford.
Family letters and deeds of land in Noxubee County, Mississippi.
The collection contains material for one title and those materials are arranged in the probable order in which they were created. What's In a Map? describes to young children various ways of thinking about and creating maps. Holdings for this title include a typescript and a galley.
The Castleman Papers collection consist of a brief genealogy record and sermons from Reverend Thomas Castleman, II.
Collection contains one DVD titled “Catalyst” of a 16mm movie filmed on the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Perkinston institution in 1912. The final scene is graduation on May 23, 1962. At that moment, Perkinston Agricultural High School ended and Perkinston Junior College became Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College.
The remaining five items are various documents and notes concerning "Catalyst".
To those visiting the paschal church of Saint John the Baptist.
The James and Patsy Causey Photographs collection contains five black-and-white photographs of the State Teacher’s College in Hattiesburg, Mississippi from the 1920s. The collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying the history of the University of Southern Mississippi, college life in the early twentieth century, and / or education.
This collection contains publications, correspondence, numerical systems, and miscellaneous subjects pertaining to poet, Henry Tim Chambers.
Memoir of Chambers' service in 46th Mississippi Infantry.
Family letters, genealogy, and history of Clinton, Mississippi.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 941
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 474
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 379
- Photographs. 308
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 277
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 131
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 95
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68 + ∧ less
- English 1417
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less