Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1423
Thomas C. Charles and Ellen McRaven Charles Letters
Family letters, genealogy, and history of Clinton, Mississippi.
Jean Charlot Papers
Martin Charlot Papers
The Martin Charlot Papers contain illustrations, a dummy, a sketchbook, and paintings created and accumulated by Martin Charlot between 1969 and 1973. His papers were created from his illustration of three published books. Although best known as a painter of finely detailed murals and oil paintings, Charlot also has illustrated books for both children and adults.
Madye Lee Chastain Papers
W.L. Chatham Letter
Tony Chen Papers
Cora Cheney Papers
Chevron Oil Company Aerial Photograph Collection
Aerial photographs of selected portions of selected counties in Mississippi and other states produced by the Chevron Oil Company for use in the company's Jackson, Mississippi office and donated to the Department of Geology at The University of Southern Mississippi in 1972.
George William Chilcoat Freedom Summer Research Collection
Scholarly articles about the Freedom Schools co-authored by Dr. Chilcoat.
Children of the American Revolution, John Dodd Society Records
Choctaw Indian Land Transfer
Certificate transferring title to 320 acres of land originally acquired by a Choctaw Indian Land Grant to five individuals.
Choctaw Memorabilia Collection
This collection contains Choctaw memorabilia.
Austin Church Collection on Miss Oseola McCarty
Three DVD’s, one CD, and other materials related to the creation of a song about Osceola McCarty called “Miss Ola, The Mississippi Giver”.
Orazio Ciccarelli Research Collection
Primarily photocopies of documents from the Foreign Ministry Archive in Rome, Italy, concerning diplomatic relations between Italy, Peru, and the United States, as well as immigration/emigration, Peruvian political and economic history, and Italy's military missions and armament sales to Latin American countries. The entire collection is in Italian.
Circus, Minstrel and Traveling Show Collection
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
Citizens' Council / Civil Rights Collection
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Civil War Band Instruments Research Collection
Photographs of bands, bandsmen, and instruments, with supporting information.
Civil War Centennial Collection
This collection contains a variety of materials relating to the 100th Anniversary of the American Civil War.
Civil War History Collection
This collection contains articles, pamphlets, paper currency, newspapers, images and other materials pertaining to the Civil War and its Centennial celebration. The collection also contains a few items regarding the Battle of Yorktown, Virginia, during the Revolutionary War.
Civil War Stationery
The collection contains four song sheets printed by Charles Magnus during the Civil War. Each sheet features different song lyrics and a patriotic lithograph.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Camp Photographs
Three black & white photographs, all approximately 5 x 7.
Civilian Conservation Corps, District "G" Historical Materials
Two printed publications donated to the USM Libraries by Mrs. Herbert Aplin, whose late husband had served in the Civilian Conservation Corps from 1934 to 1937:
1. "Memories of District "G", Civilian Conservation Corps" (1934).
2. "Official Annual of District "G", Fourth Corps Area, Civilian Conservation Corps" (1936)
Patricia Clapp Papers
The collection contains materials for one book, and those materials are arranged in the probable order in which they were created. I'm Deborah Sampson tells a fictionalized version of a true story about a young woman who disguised herself as a man and enlisted on the American side during the Revolution. The collection holds one typescript for this book.
Ann Nolan Clark Papers
Gary Mark Clark Hurricane Katrina Collection
One printed copy of a diary kept by Gary Mark Clark, Senior Process Engineer at Masonite Corporation in Laurel, Mississippi from August 29 – December 31, 2005, with an epilogue written in March 2006. The diary chronicles events during the onslaught of Hurricane Katrina on August 29, 2005, and in the weeks of chaos that followed. The collection also includes a copy of the diary on compact disk.
Gloria Clark Freedom Summer Photographs
Copies of photographs taken by donor documenting Freedom Summer activities.
Linus West Clark Papers
Scrapbooks, photographs, and Air Force Manuals from Mississippi Gulf Coast resident.
Margaret Goff Clark Papers
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 940
- de Grummond Childrens Literature Collection 475
- Mississippiana 6
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 377
- Photographs. 307
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 277
- Records (Documents). 272
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 131
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 78
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68 + ∧ less
- English 1417
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less